Recognition & Charter: The “Girolamo De Marco” Equestrian Rehabilitation Center has been operating in Rome since 1989 with its team of volunteers and specialized operators trained by the A.N.I.R.E. (Associazione Nazionale Italiana di Riabilitazione Equestre e di Equitazione Ricreativa per le persone disabili / Italian National Association of Equestrian Rehabilitation and Recreational Horseback riding for persons with disabilities – www.cnranire.it).
Its activities are carried out at the stables of the “Montebello Lancers” Cavalry Regiment and of the Horseback Division of the State Police at the “La Marmora Barracks”. It provides assistance to various middle and high school students in Rome. ACKNOWLEDGMENTS The “Girolamo De Marco” C.R.E.’s activities have been bestowed a number of accolades by Rotary International as well as other associations working in support of persons with disabilities.
Recognition & Charter
- 2012: special certificate awarded by the governor of the 2080th district (Lazio and Sardinia) of Rotary International for its “commendable and dedicated equine activities in favor of those who are most vulnerable”.
- 1999: visit to the International President’s Office of Rotary International accompanied by the Rotary’s highest officials.
- 1999: special certificate awarded by the governor of the 2080th district (Lazio and Sardinia) of Rotary International for its “service above and beyond all personal interest”.
- 1997: “Ara Pacis” Prize, awarded by the Roma South Rotary Club “for its high achievements in the field of human solidarity”.
- 1995: A.N.I.R.E. Gold Medal – Associazione nazionale Italiana Riabilitazione Equestre per l’attività nei confronti di giovani disabili/Italian National Association of Equestrian Rehabilitation and Recreational Horseback riding for persons with disabilities.
1993: plaque awarded by the F.I.S.D. – Federazione Italiana Sport Disabili/Italian Federation of Sports for the Disabled; in 1994: special mention by the Rotary International president “for important achievements in the field of caring for young people”.
A success story for over 30 years